View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #10
drawlins27
Mommy's Lil' Miracle
Donating Member

He's doing much worse than yesterday. The vet said that everything looked fine. He is the best in the area but I'm just not satisfied with his answer. He said that Bailey is not healing as quickly as he should and that he is having pain whenever his bladder begins to fill up so he is trying to pee every few minutes to prevent the pain. This is why only a little comes out or nothing comes out at all. He decided not to take out his stitches even though it has been two weeks and gave me some pain medicine which is mild but should allow him to let his bladder fill up before he tries to pee.

Well ever since we got back form the vet's office yesterday, he has gone downhill. He will not eat at all. He will not even eat chicken when I try to feed it to him. He will not even take a single step. He just sits there and looks at me with dull glazed eyes and kind of sways back and forth.

The stitches have really been bothering him and the skin had gotten red and really puffy. It looked like the stitches have dug into his skin. I couldn't take seeing my baby like this anymore so this morning I took out the stitches myself. The incision looked healed but it looked like the stitches had cut into his skin. At first it was like someone flipped a switch. He rolled over and started playing with hand and making this snorting noise he does when he plays. They he started rolling all over the bed like he does when he is happy. So I think I made the right decision. It didn't last long though and he soon went back to the way he was before.

They did an x-ray but everything looked okay. Would they not have seen any additional stones during the surgery? I want them to do a urine analysis and look for crystals but I can't collect any urine.

I just can't take this. My baby is dying right in front of me and I can't do anything about it. The spark is gone from his eyes. Today he will see a fourth vet and hopefully I can find something out.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!