View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #2
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSophie View Post
I found what I think is a tick on Sophie's ear this morning. It appeared to be an engorged tick and was about the same color as her ear. However, it pulled off easily, and when I squeezed it, it didn't pop or have blood. Squeezing didn't do anything to it. She seems just fine, and she has been just fine. I know about tick paralysis, but is there anything else I should look for?
If it was engorged it had to be on her for a while, especially where it pulled off easily. You should NEVER squeeze a tick! they carry all kinds of diseases that humans can get. You shouldn't have even touched it with you bare hands. If she gets another one and it is really imbedded use tweezers,get as close to the head as possible, and turn counter clockwise and then pull, either burn the little sucker or flush it..I perfer to burn it...but DON'T EVER SQUEEZE!! BAD! BAD! BAD!...YOU don't want to get sick from them either.

I would wash the area, with and alcohol or peroxide, where the tick was...
And just an FYI...My cousin HAD a gorgeous springer spaniel that had an engorged tick on her...she ended up with Lyme disease...she got very very sick and ended up having to be euthanized...she was only 3 yrs old.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!