View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 08:04 AM   #6
Monday
AND Friday also!
Donating Member

Talking Keep teeth clean easily ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by suz View Post
I have used a product called "Suzie's Tarter Liquid Tarter Removal" for years. I used to buy it from PetCo. They quit selling it about 4 years ago. Said it was too expensive. Then I got it from our local vet supply place. Then I went online and found it there. It is expensive, I guess. I pay $34.00 for a bottle that's 32 ounces. But it works. I'd rather pay the price for something that works, than pay a lower price for something that doesn't do the job!! My oldest female, Ginger has been on it from the time I got her. (almost 8 years ago.) She's only had to have one tooth pulled, which is good for yorkies. They are known to have bad teeth. Whatever you use, use it diligently. Bad teeth are not fun. For dog or owner.

Suz
sounds good to me ... and yes, I would rather pay $$$ for a proven product than for one that is not. http://www.suziestartarliquid.com/
I just had Monday's teeth professionally cleaned and the vet did not think Petzlife was the thing to use ... (and that was $39)

I was not happy with Petzlife anyway. Each dog is different, but my dogs refused to open their mouths.
This
Suzie's Tartar Liquid Tartar Removal sounds good.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetestkiwi View Post
I bought Oxyfresh from my vet.
I am reading the ingredients-water, sodium chlorite, stabilized chlorine, zinc acetate, sodium citrate, chlorophllin-cooper complex, sodium benzoate, sodium hydroxide, citric acid. I don't see that any of these are sweeteners.
Is this okay? You are supposed to put one teaspoon per quart in the drinking water or mist undiluted directly into the mouth twice a day.
I shall look into this one (OXYFRESH) also. I appreciate all the suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattiesmom View Post
I talked with my vet yesterday when I picked up Peppy from getting his teeth cleaned about additives and/or something you can use to help keep the teeth clean. Peppy doesn't like to have his mouth messed with.....

She mentioned something that you put in the water. They sold a bunch of the stuff and then realized that it had one of the artificial sweeteners that are poisonous to dogs. They contacted the manufacturer of the product and they said that they would NOT do a product recall. Dr. Amy said that they called all of the patients that had bought the product -- told them to stop using it immediately and that the Clinic would buy back any unused portion that they had.

Please read the label and make sure that there is nothing harmful.... "First do no harm". I was so disappointed
I shall read the labels and be very careful. I know Xyitol <sp> is not good for the dogs at all.

Last edited by Monday; 07-23-2007 at 08:07 AM.
Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!