Thread: Handler
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 03:41 PM   #5
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Handlers are professionals and can finish a good dog very quickly. All breed handlers are probably the less expensive, since they show several breeds and their clients share the expenses. However, in my opinion, if I were to use a a handler it wouldn't be an all breed handler. I'd prefer one that specializes in Toy Breeds or better yet one that is more familiar in handling the yorkie breed. Some handlers fees are more than others. It depends on who they are and how much they're in demand.

You can cut down expenses if you're handling the dog yourself. Sharing traveling expenses, hotel rooms, etc.

Either way showing/breeding is an expensive endevor. But, if it's your passion, you'll figure out a way to do it.

Yeah! You can spend $3,000 and upward to finish a dog. Choose your handler wisely, make sure you visit their facility, so that you can get an idea how your dog will be treated and where it will be housed. Most prefer that the dog remain with them while being shown. Reason is that they must bond with the dog and become one. Handing over a dog at ringside doesn't always work. As most newbies haven't a clue on how to raise a show dog and can ruin them for the ring.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!