View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 04:37 PM   #1
RowdysMom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Leaving on vacation tomorrow!!!

It's less than 12 hours till we board the plane! We are so excited. This is a dream trip for us.

My hubby and I will take a 3 day cruise to the Alaskan inside passage and then spend 10 days on a land tour of the Canadian Yukon Territory and Alaska. Finally, we will spend another week on our own, fishing on the Alaskan peninsula of Kenai.

We are soooooo excited!!!! Can you believe it though, we can only take one suitcase (44 lbs) and one carry on. Man! we are packed efficiently!

It wouldn't be so bad, but my hubby is an insulin dependent diabetic and uses an insulin pump. The are sooo many pump supplies that we have to take, plus several bottles of insulin and backup insulin supplies!

He also has a very serious heart condition so he takes 12 prescription meds that we have to take along, bottles and all! We also have to carry a stethscope and blood pressure cuff (I'm a nurse). His health is pretty fragile - oh, he will be fine on the trip (crossing my fingers), but we have to be prepared for blips along the way.

We've always dreamed of this trip and now it is about to happen!!!

I'll post pix when we get back!

Take care YT friends!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!