View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 12:53 PM   #11
Mayas Mommy
..... and BLAIR'S too ......
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Hi there!
Welcome to YT I hope you stick around. This is a wonderful site.

I can probably answer any questions you have. When I got Adie the vet said the same thing. I was really concerned until I found out that it could take a long time to close. She is 13 months old now and it is still there but it seems like it is shallow like it is healing from the inside out rather than closing from the sides. Does that make sense? We don't worry a lot about her banging her head. The vet said it would be hard to penetrate just by bumping it but we have been careful to make sure that she didn't have a lot of sharp edges at her level. The brain isn't as exposed as we imagine. There is a thick membrane covering it as well as the flesh.

Anyway. Adie is healthy as a horse and more active than any pup I've ever had. She is also the smartest one I have ever had and I have had many. Of course she is my first purchased dog. I have always had rescues in the past.

So PM me if you'd like to and we can be "hole in the head" buddies. LOL

Lou

Hi 'hole in the head' buddie

SORRY if I missspell things (I am still learning - after 8 years of marrige ). Thanks for some Info. I am just realy worried this will be an issue later on. My Vet said if it is not closed by the time she is 12 months there will be some Problems. I did not even notice that ( WHAT KIND OF A YORKIE MOMMY AM I ???) - my friend did on our Playdates with her Pug and Rottweiler. Yeah crazy - huh - they LOVE her and play realy good with her.

Anyway it is the size of a 25 Cent piece and I read some realy upsetting things when I Googled some links.

I hope she will be fine - she is a very smart, playfull, sweet, activ, (defelish if she wants to) puppy. But always an for Daddy. HA HA

Nice to meet you and hope to hear from you and your cutie Adie soon

:
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!