View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 10:41 AM   #5
La Princesa
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by celstu1 View Post
I had a HUGE fear when I decided to have my little one fixed. He had a heart murmur and the vet didn't think it was going to close at that point. So I decided to go ahead with the surgery and held my breath all day in fear and anxiety! My vet is cautious when putting any animal under anistethia, but especially one who already has a health strike against them. My pup was fine! I'm sure Ryo will do GREAT! Its a very quick surgery! My vet said 10 mins at the most is how long it takes! haha

I did not have to have my boys fixed by contract, but my little guy had a heart murmur (which DID close and go away, but not until he was 1 year old) so I knew I would never breed him. I think if you are not going to breed your pups then fixing them is a good thing. From what I understand (I could be wrong) pets (esp females, but males too) that are intact and never bred have a higher chance of getting cancer in their reproductive systems. Has anyone else ever heard that before?? Or know more about that?
Yes i heard the above before. . Thas another reason why i don't mind getting him neutered. 10 minutes? If I had balls i would want then to take as much time and have a special ceremony before during and after lol.

Anyway Ryo is home and fine.. and groggy. He also had 3 teeth extracted! Poor lil man. I call him and he looks but cant focus on where I am. I told my son not to worry, its just the effects of the medication on him and they would wear off in a few hours. Poor lil man keeps moving to re-adjust himself .. he cant get comfortable. but he is home and ok.. and from what you all say he will be back to his old self in a few days.

Thanks for ur support and words..
La Princesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!