View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 09:46 AM   #4
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
About a month ago Ellie started going pee in places that she doesn't normally go (carpet and once on the couch). We took her to the vet and they tested her urine and found a little bit of bacteria so she was diagnosed with a UTI and sent home with antibiotics. $92 later and she isn't better. It seemed to clear up for maybe a week or two and then she started going on the carpet again. We went back to the vet and they couldn't get a sample because her bladder was really small the other night so the vet did an xray for stones and found nothing. She gave Ellie stronger antibiotics and said if these don't work we will HAVE to get some urine from her even if that means leaving her there for the day. My question is does anyone have a clue what this is? Is it just a really hard to get rid of UTI? I know the vet is doing everything right but just wondered if anyone has any ideas. She has never had bladder problems before and I am leaning toward maybe a problem with her bladder sphincter thingamabob but really have no idea. She has only been on these other antibiotics for 2 days so we will see.
How old is she? Also if it is just a UTI, it may be an unusual bacteria and a target specific antibiotic that is needed so a culture of the bacteria would be required which would mean a urine sample is needed.
Yes incontinence is also a problem with LS although that may or may not be her problem. Usually there are stones along with LS, so hard to say what is going on.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!