View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 08:20 AM   #3
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I had a HUGE fear when I decided to have my little one fixed. He had a heart murmur and the vet didn't think it was going to close at that point. So I decided to go ahead with the surgery and held my breath all day in fear and anxiety! My vet is cautious when putting any animal under anistethia, but especially one who already has a health strike against them. My pup was fine! I'm sure Ryo will do GREAT! Its a very quick surgery! My vet said 10 mins at the most is how long it takes! haha

I did not have to have my boys fixed by contract, but my little guy had a heart murmur (which DID close and go away, but not until he was 1 year old) so I knew I would never breed him. I think if you are not going to breed your pups then fixing them is a good thing. From what I understand (I could be wrong) pets (esp females, but males too) that are intact and never bred have a higher chance of getting cancer in their reproductive systems. Has anyone else ever heard that before?? Or know more about that?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!