View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 06:44 AM   #1
La Princesa
YT 500 Club Member

Confused Neutering VS Machisimo

I have posted before, I make sure i factor my Yorkie health expenses in my budget each month. This month I am neutering my Ryo. Well, right now my baby is at the vet. My son and I are very nervous this morning, because i was silly enough to ask how many dogs die during this process in that office. Of course, its not that many, but as long as the dog is heathly his chances of surviving are the same as us when we go to surgery for routine stuff. They always have you sign a waiver stating you might die and you sign it because you need the surgery. Well like i said i was dumb enough to ask, i say that because who wants to worry about the negative when more than likely Ryo will be just fine, and I will pick him up this afternoon.

So I asked and the tech, who is always nice, gives me this huge drawn out answer to my question about the risks during surgery, which my son also heard and made him freak out. After scaring me sh@%less his last sentence was but your boy is healthy so he will be ok lol. He asked me was I still sure I wanted to neuter him, and of course my answer was yes. I have a contract with the breeder to do so and I really have no desire to let Ryo procreate, when i can get another pet from the breeder who knows what she is doing.

I think the drawn out straight up answer i got about canine mortality during surgery was kinda an attempt to stop me from getting Ryo Neutered. I think that staff at the vets office see Ryo as a excellent representation of the breed, much better than what they see come in that office. When i first asked them how much it cost 6 months before, the same tech was like "are u sure u wanna do that?" When I told my neighbor's why ryo was going to the vet today, the men in the house were like " OUCH! AY AY AY are u sure u wanna do it?" Most men here say not to do it. They think I am taking away his manhood.

Everyone that i mentioned are such awesome people and very kind, however i think it seems like i was going against the grain when i said i needed to neuter Ryo. Many people were trying to compel me to break my contract. Yes i have him, and we all know that when we have these dogs as pets, the necessity of having AKC papers doesn't compare to the love we get and give. I am a woman of my word and if thas what I agreed to in my contract this is what i will do. As much as we Americans are aware of the need to "Help control the pet population" I think here the idea of castrating a good looking male dog is insane lol

Like i said now i could care less about the AKC papers, but they would be nice. I didn't plan on letting Ryo be anyones stud or breeding so may as well get the deed done u know, no matter what the people say.

Anyway I am now worried about my Ryo now where as i wasn't before. I should be able to pick him up in about 5 more hours.

Has anyone on this forum ever had a dog pass away on the table while getting neutered? now I am paranoid lol but I know I did what was right. I know the likelihood is small but I just wanted to ask anyway.

I hope all this makes sense
Kisses!
La Princesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!