View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 08:33 PM   #1
jogi37
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Unhappy Went to Vet....I am Freaking Out, Please help!

Hi everyone....I need your help, advice and information....

For the past 2 days Tini was favoring one leg and not always putting weight on it. It is her back left leg. I haven't stepped on her little paw in a very long time and am not aware of her falling off anything recently so I waited to see if it would stop and maybe she had stepped on something.
So after deciding I didn't care if anyone thought I was crazy, I took her to the vet.

The vet examined her and Tini was fine until the vet stretched out her leg all the way. Then she yelped. I almost cried. The vet said she may have jumped off something when I wasn't looking and hurt herself, but that is unlikely since she doesn't mind her leg being touched at all. The vet thinks it might be legg calves perthes and wants me to have Tini have an xrays next Thursday under anesthesia to find out for sure. For now, she gave me a prescription pain killer/anti-inflammatory called Rimadyl. She also wants Tini on rest, ie no running jumping or playing until she goes in next Thursday

I was looking on the internet and if this is what Tini has I am going to freak out. I can't bear to think of her having to have surgery. I also can't believe the timing since I am going back to work full time on the 25th. I have been just a wreck all night.

I know I can count on everyone here to understand my feelings right now. I am so scared and now I don't know what to expect.

Does anyone know anything about this? What can I do/ what shoudl I do?
Help!
Thanks!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!