View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 04:33 AM   #1
Susan123
YT 1000 Club Member

Default A little honesty (be for real) about newspaper adverts (Pat, Mary please come in)

also anyone that would venture a guess is welcome, but this is not a debate thread. I just want to know what this is about, for real (of course we get nothing less from Pat and Mary).

I've read in the Yorkies for Sale section someone stated that they though that most good breeders wouldn't sell dogs in the newspaper or such. I've seen other posts over the last couple of years eluding to the fact that you shouldn't have to advertise at all. One poster had posted outright asking about it a year ago and others that were around at the time (that are not hanging in this forum nowadays) stayed away from it like the plague. But I'm sure you ladies will hit the nail on the head and resolve any questions in our minds.

It probably means that word of mouth brings in clients. But is there a sterotype involved or a looking down upon?

Of course, the first year or so we don't have much of a client base yet to spread the word, how long does it take for that? We develop good relationships with the owners and are own hand if needed. Mine are all scattered in Florida and the US, but I advertise. Advertising on YT is also advertising. Thank you, for clearing this up in my mind ladies.

Susan
Susan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!