View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 07:26 PM   #1
Yorkie_GirL
Oreo,Ginger&Cloey Owned
Donating Member

Default Off Topic.. Anyone own Shih Tzu's?

Ok.. this is a bit off topic.. but.. I have a friend.. that's always trying to have competition with me.. from both of us losing weight and who could keep it off the longest.. to who's been with their boyfriend the longest.. and now it's.. who's more knowledgable on doggies.. .. and i'm sooo sick of it.. When I got my first doggie Oreo, she'd always tell me her 5 shih tzu's were sooo cute and well behaved.

Whatever lol.. she keeps her dogs outside .. and then she told me like two weeks ago.. that she lost all her dogs because they ran away.. (i was thinking in my head.. i would've ran away a long time ago..) And that she heard I got Cloey (my maltese).. and she wanted one. When I heard this I was outraged and gave it to her. I told her about how Maltese's are white and they need a lot of attention and cannot.. i repeat cannot be left outside like her other Shih Tzu's were.

I told her how much responsibility it takes to own a dog.. and a small breed at that. In my opinion, should not be left outside to be an outdoor dog at all. Mind you when her two dogs were pregnant.. the whole litter died because of extreme cold (she left them outside)..

So.. She didn't get a Maltese.. but she got another puppy Shih Tzu.. that was 7 weeks old when she got him (i had told her he was too young to be away from momma.. but she was like )..

I've gave her some advice as to what kind of dog foods are good for small breeds.. not the Wal-Mart brand dog foods that she loves to buy (adult dog food for her puppy!! AHHH OMG!)..

So I was wondering if anyone knows of a great Shih Tzu forum to help this little lady become more knowledgable about the breed.. either I will read up on it and teach her.. or something! but i do not for the life of me want that small puppy to be an outdoors dog! so someone please help!

thanks in advance.. sorry if i don't make any sense..
Yorkie_GirL is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!