Thread: Rocky update!
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 04:44 PM   #1
remus
Donating YT Addict

Default Rocky update!

Well guys, 6 month into it, Rocky went from 0.9 lbs to 3.6 lbs. And he remained at 3.6 lbs for the last month or so. I think he is done growing.
Few things that happened in the last month.
His adult teeth started to come out slowly, and one of the new front teeth was growing on top of the old one, not in a good way. It was not pointing down like the old one, it was coming out at a 45 degree angle. I knew this was not good so I got us an appointment to a vet. But to my surprise, within 10 days, the old tooth fell out and the new tooth started taking its place, still crooked. I wasnt happy about the new one being out of place so I kept the appointment which was 5 days away. So you can only imagine how amazed and freaked out I was when I found the new tooth almost fully grown and perfectly straight the day before the doctors visit. At first I freaked out, because I dont believe in miracles, but after a careful inspection I was convinced.
Rocky changed as well in the last few weeks. He now can jump up on the couch for a toy, but only when chasing a toy. This is cute as I can get him up to the couch when I am relaxing after work without getting up and getting him.
But he also learned to whine and make cute noises at night taking advatage of my sleep disorder and waking me up really easy, at which point I pick him up and he sleeps with me for the rest of the night. I wake up a few times at night and put him down on the floor so he could pee or what not. But as cute as this is, it is bothering me sometimes, and this was never an issue before.
Also, as much as I don't want to, I know I have to neuter him in the next 2 month. But at the same time, my co worker who has a gorgeous female yorkie at 5 lbs wants to mate ours two, once. I would love to keep one pup from that littler for myself or my parents, but I am not sure if Rocky is ready for this at 6 month. Could this be bad for him, since I am planing to neuter him later on?
Commands that work so far!
Sit! = He sits or lays down all the way. I am thankful for both.
Play Dead= Nothing., or just sits without moving.
Attached Thumbnails
Rocky update!-1.jpg   Rocky update!-2.jpg  
remus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!