Thread: ringworm...?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 11:39 AM   #2
Our Baby Kobe
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankiesMyBaby View Post
Hello, I have a question about ringworm! My little Frankie got into a little scuffle with another doggy and now he has what I thought were scabs. I was talking to my groomer, and she said that it could be ringworm? I don't know what it looks like.. SHe said that I would be able to tell bc its white in the middle, and a circle of hair loss... I dont see any hair loss at all. It happend a week and 2 days ago... so if they are scabs, would they be gone already? I cant really see too far into his hair bc his hair is so THICK- he doesnt have normal yorkie hair lol its almost like.. puppy hair still... but its puffy! I saw some dry flakes, at least I am hoping. DOes anyone have a pic of what ring worm would look like, or tell me how to tell?!?

Thanks!
I took Kobe to the vet because I thought he had ringworm (me and my daughter had it). I took him in the first time and the vet said it was just a scratch (and I knew it wasn't) and I took him in again and a different vet tested a piece of it and ruled it out. She said that it should've been adressed the first time. She gave us an ointment and it eventually went away. Needless to say, now I always ask for the other vet. I would take him in before it gets real bad.
Our Baby Kobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!