View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 08:33 AM   #16
Baby Blessing
Our Blessings R Many
Donating Member

Default This Is What I Would Say To Anyone Asking

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_my_yorkies View Post
Hi Everyone, this is my first post. I have two beautiful Yorkie kids and love reading what you fellow Yorkie-lovers have to say. I was hoping I could get some advice...

My male, Valentino, is a healthy 3 year-old, 7 pound ruff and tumble Yorkie. My female, Lolita, is a healthy 1 year-old, 3 pound sweet and petite Yorkie. But she is more than ready to play and wrestle with her brother. I love taking them both on walks and they are the best of friends. The problem is that I hate fielding questions about her being a "teacup", "pocket yorkie", "mini" or anything else of that nature. They are both from the same wonderful, repatable breeder and Lolita was expected to be at least a pound more, but it just didn't happen...as for the other females in the litter. Her parents were beautiful 5 and 6 pound Yorkies.

She draws attention to her size, but I don't want to help incourage the popularity of dogs bred to be "teacups"...which isn't even a Yorkie breed, like some people think. It makes me sad to think people think it was intentional that she was "MADE" so small, I would never want to risk a puppy's healthy just so she could fit into my pocket!

So I ask for your advice, what should I say when EVERYONE calls her a teacup...
Sorry to all for the caps as I copied and pasted this from my pm to you, hope you got it and just wanted also to say welcome to a wonderful site, and wonderful people here at YT. MY REPLY TO OTHER PEOPLE THAT MAKE A COMMENT OF YOUR YORKIE BEING SO SMALL WHEN YOU ARE OUT AND ABOUT WITH THEM, THIS IS WHAT I WOULD SAY,

IN PEOPLE GOD CREATED ALL DIFFERENT SIZES, RACES OF DIFFERENT COLOR AND SO IT IS WITH YORKIES TOO, THEY ARE ONE OF HIS MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS TO US HUMANS AND SO IT IS THE SAME WITH THEM, HE CREATED THEM OF DIFFERENT SIZES AND WEIGHTS AND ALSO LIGHT AND DARK SHADES OF COLOR SO IT IS THROUGH THE LORD THAT WE ARE BLESSED REGARDLESS OF THEIR SIZE THEY ARE A GIFT TO EACH OF US FROM HIM THAT HAVE ONE, JUST AS WE ARE TO EACH OTHER.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful day, from the both of us
Patti and Jack and our girls Baby Blessing and DollieDae
Baby Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!