View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 03:19 PM   #13
wnalegria
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Lightbulb I want to breed my yorkie

Thanks Topknot. This is a great chance for beginners to get their feet wet.
Breeding, taking care of a expecting mom, whelping a litter of puppies, rasing a litter of puppies is hard and expensive work.

I am upset when I get the indication that folks are using the advice of the more experienced as a way to not go to the vet. When you have a sick puppy or adult your bottom needs to be at that vet's office for thier expert advice. They have all the hands on equipment and medications that may be needed to save that animals life. It is hard to second guess from long distance and make a diagnosis. Sometimes yes, an experienced breeder can say "yep been there and done that - and this is what I did. But you the person on the other side have to have the knowledge to give correct descriptions of what is happening with the animal. I am discouraged when some one has bred thier female and asks "Oh they need their tales docked when should that be done? This is part of the information that you need BEFORE YOU BREED YOUR FEMALE. You need to have money set aside to pay for any medical bills that may arrive. Back in the 70's I was told to earmark $500.00 each time I bred to pay for any unexpected and anticipated expenses for the bitch and puppies- this does not include the stud service.

Oh how I miss Yorkie Tales.

Wnalegria
wnalegria is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!