View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 06:23 AM   #22
Sookie
My Four Sweet Babies
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens_Girls View Post
I don't want to scare anybody but this is something that happened to my baby 2 years ago.

Baby is 3 lbs, she had always been current on all shots and we had never had any problems in the past. Took her in for her yearly shots and exam. Everything was fine. Got the combo shots and she always is very timid and a big mommy's baby. I had been standing in line for 20 minutes to pay and get my tag, I was getting very agitated. (It was a blessing) I finally paid and walked outside and put her down to go potty. I will never forget how she just fell over and her tounge was haning out of her mouth. I went tearing back inside and they took her to the back. I was just in tears she looked like she was dead. My vet wanted me to come to the back and talk to her because she was not reacting and they thought my voice and touch might help. She was hooked up to 2 different IV's (her legs are like small sticks) she heard my voice as I rounded the corner she had raised her head. I talked to her and loved on her and she was responding. They kept her the rest of the day.

That 20 minutes of standing in line was the difference between Baby living or dying.

Baby no longer gets the combo. She gets Benydryl before each shot and spends the day at the vet. It may never happen again but I'm not taking the chance.

I sit with my other 2 girls at the vet after shots just to be sure!

OMG, How scary! I would have died.

I took Kalina last night and decided that she would get just one shot. The Vet was wonderful and agreed with everything I suggested. Kalina got the puppy shot last night and did very well with it. She was really feisty last night after the shot, but when she finally fell asleep she was so "out" that her eyes rolled back in her head. This is the first time she slept in bed with me for hours, cuddled up against me. I loved it.

In two days I will give her Frontline. Two days later and I'll give her her first Heartguard. In one week from yesterday she has a tech appt and they'll give her the last shot for kennel cough. One week later she gets her Rabies shot at another tech appt. Then she is finished until I take her at 11 months to be spayed, get baby teeth, that may not have fallen out naturally, removed and she'll also be micro-chipped.

Thanks for all your responses. They were a big help in my making the decisions I did last night. Today Kalina is perfectly back to herself.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!