View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 02:42 PM   #12
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Cool Step up to the plate!

What wonderful posts. A lot of times I log on and I try to give responses and posts a few - it's addictive. I have to make myself get up from the computer, especially when my house has to be cleaned. It is heart breaking though when I read about breedings that have been conducted just because they think they have a cute baby (they are all cute) or "help, what have I done?" I just wish that if anyone is going to breed they do their homework, go to shows to see yorkies up close, read books on our breed, and there is also the Internet with some pretty great sites to gather information. When I started back in the good ole days- I educated myself first by reading, then I got the Yorkie Tales magazine delivered to my home and studied the lines and pictures (now I am dating myself), joined our local yorkie club (which by the way the monthly meetings were about 1 hour away from my home - one way, volunteered and entered my pups in our matches, and then went to the shows myself and got a handler. Many of us worked or had kids and husbands or wives in some cases, but made the time to learn and study the breed. You don't have to go as far as I did into it - but you do have a responsibility to our beautiful breed - "The Yorkshire Terrier." I hate to say this out loud - but since the yorkie has become some popular - we are now seeing more problems mount up. It remindes me of the trouble toy poodles had back in the 70's. Don't get me wrong, but am I right?
I have been watching this post and see many wonderful educated breeders give comments - koodoes to wnalegria for starting this by the way. But now lets see some questions too. I commend the ones asking - this is how you learn! We will actually think more of the ones asking and trying to educate themselves than the ones that don't ask. You guys are so lucky to have experienced breeders here that know their stuff to help you and share their knowledge. You go girls!!
T.
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!