View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 03:23 AM   #10
Jujubabe
Yorkie Talker

I have just gone through about 1600 this past week alone all in trying to convince 3 vets my dog has Cushings... finally the emergency vet and $920 and overnite stay, 2 antibiotics, 1 potassium bag 3 xrays views ($245) later she tends to agree with me and had a low dex test yesterday another $120. Where I am they area dime a dozen and some are just awful as I found 2 that I wouldn't send any animal to. The 3rd was cautious probably because of me jumpin around on vets, but I know what my dog is like better than they do. My poor baby was sooo weak he couldn't hold up his head, I was in tears wondering what the problem was in diagnosis. He has all the classic symptoms of Cushings... It was beyond me why so hesitant. Finally like I said the last trip was to the emergency hospital where the vet there was so fantastic.. she read the Ultrasound report $260, she did the xrays, enlarged liver and adrenal glands - Pituatary Cushings... low dex test the next day and I find out results tomorrow hopefully and then they will start him on one of 2 medicines. I was so scared I was gonna lose him.. I actually called the 2nd vet and told her I woud sue her ass if I did lose him as her negligance in doing anything but trying to convinence me he didn't have Cushings and he obviously had other issues. She seen the ultrasound report.. WTF was she thinking. It takes a day to go from bad to worse and thats exactly what happend to my Trinket. He is on the road to recovery now or at least I hope... but $1600 later.. its money well spent... My husband on the other hand... not so happy... Oh well... Promised not to spend a dime on him if he got sick.. I can always get another husband... just as he said I could get another dog.. He had nothing much to say after that..
Jujubabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!