View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 12:37 AM   #1
Samantha Ashhad
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default How far should "Yorkie-sellers" be able to go before...

I need some advice on how far you guys think somebody who sells Yorkies/dogs should be able to go before they get reported. I have tried to prevent reporting this couple who sold me a sick dog (=pneumonia). It came to show they had several sick dogs. I have had to pay about $400 in vet bills so far and they have not been willing to reimburse me for more than $100. They'd rather me take the puppy back to them but they have implied they would put her to sleep so that's out of the question.

I keep catching them lying about the dumbest stuff and they don't seem to know anything about the dogs. The strange part is that they seem to have no problems getting medicine for the puppy without even taking the puppy to the vet (they say the breeders in Arkansa sent it to them). I am so confused to what to do. I feel bad suing them and reporting them because they seem to be nice people at times but then I keep catching them lying which off coarse takes away from the credibility.

I have been nagging to get the AKC registration for over a month now. I finally got a faxed copy. The puppy number shows as valid online but the pin number shows invalid so I have to call AKC to find out what's going on with that.

I wanted to know if anybody has experience reporting cases like these and where the best place to report them should be. I'm affraid they'll know it was me and they do know where I live etc. But then again, they have had at least a couple other dogs that were sick. When I first went to buy the puppy they had 12 of them and they all looked drowsy to me but I unfortunatley did not follow my insticts. These people apprear to be "puppy brokers" and say the breeder they get the puppies from is in Arkansa. There were a total of 12 puppies for sale a month ago from 3 litters. It sounds like puppy mill now that I know more about it. :-(
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!