View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 08:52 PM   #7
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

I'm sorry about your baby not feeling well.

I just wanted to say that I don't like to see people complain about vet prices (unless they are just waaaaay out there - such as several hundred dollars for a spay!). I'm starting vet school this fall and even without going through vet school yet, I think vets deserve every penny they make. So far I have gone through 13 years of school (kindergarten-12th grade) and then 4 years of college at Texas A&M University (which is a few thousand dollars a semester just for tuition and books alone). Vet school is so much harder to get into medical school because there aren't nearly as many vet schools. There is only one vet school in Texas and they accept about 130 applicants a year into a vet school class - out of over 1000 that apply! I had to work hard for my grades, take the GRE, work for a vet for several years for experience, and go through a LOT of stress to get accepted into vet school. I was very excited to be accepted the first year I applied. I'm starting vet school in one month. Just for tuition it is $13,000 a year (since I live in state) and then you have to add books, supplies, etc. So I have four years of vet school ahead of me which is going to be incredibly intense and a lot of hard work and dedication. It takes so much work and dedication and money to become a veterinarian. You have at least 21 years of school to go to! It takes just as much school to become a vet as it does to become a human doctor and veterinarians don't usually make nearly the amount of money that doctors do. I just want you to think about how how much work your vet had to go though as well as how much money they spent for their education before you get angry at them for charging you $40 for an exam or $80 for an x-ray. Do you know how much money human doctors charge for those things? You would walk out of there with a bill for several hundred dollars or even a thousand if it were a doctor. I just know what's involved in becoming a vet and I think they deserve everything they make and most deserve more.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!