View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 11:57 AM   #4
crb
Luvin' 6 Yorkies
Donating Member

Default Welcome!!

Welcome to YT!! Congratulations on your new furbaby!! What his name? Yes, you can find all sorts of information here on YT.

As for me, I crate trained all my babies...even though you leave them in the crate at night you will still need to take the baby out every 3 hours or so. The rule is, for however many months they are old equals how many hours your should take them out. So if he is 3 months old, he should go out every 3 hours at the least, although I usually take them out every 2 hours during the day and then I go by the 3 hours rule at night, since they are sleeping the majority of the time at night. They can usually sleep through the night when they are around 6 months old. My youngest baby is 9 months old, and I still take him out every 2 hours when I'm home all day with them on the weekends or if I'm off of work, since he's running around the house and drinking lots of water. When I'm at work, he is crated and gets taken out before I go to work, when I come home for lunch and then as soon as I get home from work. If you work during the day, and are unable to get home to let him out then you definitely don't want to confine him to a crate where he won't have any place to relieve himself. You will then want to get an xpen and have a corner where you can lay some peepads down and then his bed and water in another corner. Hope this helps!

Good luck with everything.
crb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!