View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 09:05 AM   #2
Superstarkba
Aubrey's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcutson View Post
Hi, this is my first time on YorkieTalk. I very recently got a beautiful 9 week old YorkiPoo puppy. I am having so much trouble, questions, and concerns. I have had dogs in the past, but never a puppy. 1st problem is that he seems to be shedding, but only sometimes. I am not sure if its stress related or when he gets excited, but any suggestions? Also, how do I go about training...potty, crate, etc? I have heard mixed things on crate training, some people tell me to make him sleep in there, but it breaks my heart when i put him in and he cries, i think hes going to hate me I've been having him sleep with me in bed and taking him outside to potty about every 3-4 hrs, so im afraid when hes in the crate he will just potty all night in there and how will he learn to hold it? EVERYONE thinks I am babying him too much, making my schedule revolve around him etc, but i just want to raise him right so i dont have a terrible dog down the road. Please, ANYYY suggestions would help. I have tons of love and attention to offer, but no puppy knowledge.
You have come to a good place. I crated trained Aubrey, and it took a while and you have to be patient with them. I think that 3-4 hours is to long to have him wait to go potty. I think about 1-2 hours.. just depending on how many accidents they are having. When I get my girl, she will go out about every 30-45 minutes during the day. Good luck! You can also visit the training forum, LLOOOOTTSS of info. in there.
Superstarkba is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!