View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 06:31 PM   #8
lilbumbleybees
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourdez View Post
It sounds like Kennel cough.. It can easily be treated if you treat it right away and it doesn't turn into something more serious. My little guy had it for 2 months. Sometimes it can be very stubborn and hangs on..

I happened to stumble on this searching for kennel cough posts. When your baby had it for two months, what did you vet do for him? I just got a 4 month old and 5 month old who were supposed to just be fosters (I should know better haha) and now they have a forever home with me. The little girl had kennel cough and is over the infection but still coughs. She had the Clavamox and they took her off that and now she is on Prednisone. It's been about a month now. She's started the weaning off of the steroid now, but this cough just makes me feel so bad for her. I know she feels fine, but she just sounds terrible! lol I didn't know if your vet maybe took some other course of action or just let the cough run it's course. I give her Pedia Care during the day to help sooth her through a bit. I'm trying to see if I can find more of a natural remedy though. I HATE to keep pumping all these drugs through her poor little body.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!