View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 08:55 AM   #1
JCarlson2004
Mommy To 3 Poochies
Donating Member

Default Reward For Info re Brutal Torture of Dog

OMG I have never read a more disgustingh, horrifying story about animal abuse!! I feel sick to my stomach but I just had to post this! That poor baby didn't deserve to die like that.

Dog Found Tortured, Mutilated In N.J. Woods

Anyone with information about the dog’s death is asked to anonymously contact the SPCA at (856) 691-1500. (Deleware Online)

(CBS 3) VINELAND, N.J. Officials in South Jersey are investigating a cruel and extreme case of animal abuse that some SPCA workers have called the worst case they have ever seen.

Authorities fear that the attack is so violent, the dog's killer could turn to people.

The dog's mouth was duct-taped shut, duct-tape was placed around the dog's legs and his tongue was cut off and he was gutted like a deer.

The dog is being called "Justice" by the animal shelter officials.

"It was a protracted act of violence, torture, and mutilating of the body; it is a special kind of sick," Bev Greco of the Cumberland County SPCA said.

Greco said the dog's carcass was found by a school bus driver dumped off a highway in Fairfield Township, New Jersey.

"This is a very frightening thing and it should not be taken lightly," Greco said.

The horrific cruelty it took the kill the dog is reason enough for the entire community to be concerned, Greco said.

"This is just a precursor of possible acts of violence against humans," Greco said.

Greco and the New Jersey State Police are working on different theories for a possible motive.

The first is that it could some part of a twisted, ritualistic act or the other is that the person who killed Justice could have been looking for drugs.

"If the dog may have ingested someone's stash and they were trying to retrieve the drugs from the dog's body," Greco said.

Officials said Justice was a healthy German Shepherd, about four to five years old.

There is a $10,000 reward for information leading up to the successful prosecution of the killer.

A memorial service for Justice will be held at 10 a.m. July 21 at the SPCA headquarters on Delsea Drive, near Oak Road. The public is welcome. Assemblyman Jeff Van Drew will be the guest speaker.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!