View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 09:45 PM   #1
acowbyzcowgrl
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default First (and hopefully last) Eclampsia experience

Hi everyone. I haven't been on much in the past couple of months...i've been really busy, but the girl I got from Kathy Sliger is due on July 29th...I had to run to Salt Lake City this weekend. I left my oldest in charge (she has even whelped a litter before) and hurried down, to hurry back Well, all was perfect when I left, and still perfect last night. But, this morning Heather woke up to Angel panting and lying on the floor...she called me thinking she was in Labor to which i said, there is NO way. Had her give her some Nutri cal and took her to the vet right away. She was hypocalcemic and hypoglycemic...she had IV calcium and glucose and perked up pretty quickly. They are keeping her there til I get back. I feel terrible, but she was doing SO WELL that I figured if i hurried back, there would be no problems...guess that's what i get for thinking.

So, my questions are...how can I prevent it from happening again til she delivers? I know to supplement after and always do...but have never before. The vet asked if I did because she said it predisposes them sometimes to eclampsia...

Oh, and we are having 3 puppies...again. I am soooo nervous now. Before i was a tad nervous, but definitely not like now.

Thanks.

Kristie
acowbyzcowgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!