View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
Cheri
Yorkie Yakker

Default Yorkie Puppy Poop - Is this much normal?

My 8 week old Yorkie seems to have some problems and I am not sure if this is normal. First of all, I think she was taken from her Mother too soon. I got her 2 weeks ago from a girl at work who's little boy was being too rough with her. When I first got her she seemed to be pooping all the time. I work so I would leave her in her crate (the first couple of days) and come home at lunch. She had pooped several times in crate. Then, I moved her to the laundry room during the day because the crate seemed almost cruel for 4 hours at a time. Her rectal area became very irritated and she would yelp if I would try to clean it then she became constipated. I took her to the vet and he did tests and said she had a mild case of Coccadia and put her on antibiotic (that was 7 days ago). She seemed better after a couple of days then began pooping constantly again. For example, tonight in a 3 hour period she has gone at least 12 times. It is not diarrhea but her rectal area is so swollen that she yelps every time she goes. I have tried Neosporin on it but she licks it off. I am feeding her a good quality dog food, Natural Choice. I just don't know what to do. She is so sweet but I can't quit my job to care for her all day. Is this much poop normal in a puppy?
Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!