View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 06:57 AM   #1
Doodlebug
♥Love My Puppies!♥
Donating Member

Default Just had the scare of my life!!!

I just took the babies to the park for a walk. On the way home I happened to see a HUGE BIRD dragging the carcus of a dead RACCOON out of the road. It was actually picking it up and flying with it in it's claws. It laid the carcus on the side of the road. It wasn't scared of the cars or anything!!!! Cars kept flying past and it didn't bat an eye. It was so bold I couldn't believe it.

I was so stunned by it I pulled over into the parking lot. The bird was as long as Daisy (she's 12 inches) and bigger than a chicken. It was more like the size of a small turkey. The wingspan looked like is was easily 3 feet. I pulled up right next to the sign post where it was sitting and I was only about 3 feet away from it. Darn, I wish I had remembered my phone so I could have gotten a pic. You would not believe the wingspan on this bird. It looked straight at me and it scared me so much I rolled my window up FAST. It had a red hooked beak.

WAS THIS A HAWK??? I was wondering if I need to report it to someone???

this was only a couple of blocks from where I live. I ran home to drop off the dogs and get my camera and when I got back it was gone. The carcus was still there. I sat for awhile looking for it but it was gone.

I am so scared. I have no doubt that it COULD actually pick up my 12 pound yorkies and fly off with them since I saw it pick up that carcus that looked as big as Daisy. I never thought it was possible for a bird to do this but now I see that it really is. I am going to watch them LIKE A HAWK (no pun intended) every time I let them out. I have seen other threads that said the bird would not be afraid if you chased it. Believe me, this one wouldn't. It wasn't even afraid of CARS!!!

Please be extra cautious and watch your babies when they are outside. I know I am going to.

I have NEVER seen anything like this scary bird. It was a nightmare!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!