View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #5
feminvstr
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Kelly go to shows in your area and look what is being shown, take your little man and see if some of the exhibitors will take a look at him and give your their opinions as to his quality, it is so difficult to tell in a picture. In his picture you posted it appears youve cut his hair around his eyes and top, if this is the case he would need to be held out until all that grows back in for a proper topknot....

Search conformation classes in your area theyre usually once a week and will be very helpful to you and your little man...Remember never teach a show puppy to sit or laydown, any of the traditional pet tricks...never reward them or treat them unless theyre on all four legs. It is better to keep treats at a minimum and use them only while training as bait. Also they have to be socialized as not to be fearful in public places...take him for short walks on a show lead in you local pet stores and open malls so he gets used to moving around noise and other people...

hope this helps
good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleykrack View Post
There is an AKC show in raleigh in september and I would like to enter Mojo. But Im not sure where to start or if he even meets the requirements. I know there are alot of you on here that know WAY more about this than I do. Any advice would be appreciated. If you think I should show him, what is the right way to train him? Hes 9 months old and weights 4 lb 6 oz and listens very well.
thanks
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!