View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 10:23 PM   #12
TeddyandTiffy
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyhawk View Post
Hey Lee, I would guess that the teat isn't infected yet so that the pups need to nurse on it. The lower teats get very full and sometimes are harder to latch onto so the pups stick to the easy ones. The unused one becomes engorged and swollen, warm to the touch. You would be able to tell if it is mastitius, she would be lethargic and have a fever due to the infection. Get one of your good eaters to nurse on the engorged teat or take warm towels to soften it and hand express some milk for her. That will give her releif and make it easier for a pup to latch on. Let me know how it goes. By the way Sage can jump up on the couch now and is using the doggy door to do her business outside.
Tami, I didn't take her to the Vet cause she got up and ALL of them looked just fine and dandy. That's sounds more like it that she is getting to full, I'll do what U said Tami and see if that helps her..I haven't been online @ all until tonight for I've been busy with babies and cleaning house, kids & watching the Dog Whisper. Okay Tami I wasn't going to let anyone know here that I was getting a baby girl from U until she was here in our arms! LOL! But now U've let it out of the bag so I can BRAG, BRAG and BRAG even more (I talk about Sage all the time here @ home!) and put 10 's now instead of 9! LOL! Yes she is 100% BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! So precious and I've not even got her yet!! But my heart melts everytime I see photos of her. She is Sir. Galahad's girlfriend!! I can't wait for her to be here @ home with us, I've got Galahad hollering for Sage! Really I'll tell him holler for Sage and he barks, it's so cute. How we came about her name is: Well all our new babies is named after Gangster well Sage is named for the real Anna Sage (AKA Lady in Red) is the one who turned in John Dillinger, and since Sage has the Red Leg in her line I thought her name fit her perfect! So there's our Newest baby! I'm so proud of ALL my Dolls...ALL 10 of them ...And Thanks to a very very special Breeder who has already given me so much help on my Yorkies here @ home let alone her wisdom on them, the care for them and the showing of them (Letting me know what to look for in breeding/showing Yorkies)! She has taught me so much already...I love her help and her willingness (Sp there) to help. She is a 100% great breeder!!!!! Hugs, Lee & NOW 10 's
TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!