View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
SweetPea53
~Izzie~ My Lil' Sweetie
Donating Member

Hi Debro and to YT. I'm a first time yorkie owner also and my lil Izzie is 5 mths old. When I got her at 12 weeks she was trained to go outside, but I also wanted to train her inside on potty pads for the winter months when it's cold and raining. In the past three months that I have had her she is now going completely inside on the potty pads...she does still have a few accidents now and then, but nothing like in the beginning and they are all in the general area of her potty pads...... Have you been using potty pads at all??? IMO being consistant is the answer and they do catch on fairly quickly. They are a very smart breed Everytime I would catch her not using her pads I would immediately say no in a stearn voice (never loud mind you....don't want to scare them) and then place her on the potty pad saying "potty pad, potty pad, we go potty and pooh pooh on the potty pad"....Of course everytime she goes on the pad now she comes and jumps on my leg cuz she knows she is going to get a good girl treat Good Luck with your training....Hope this helps some and let us know how it's going....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!