View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 01:25 PM   #149
iloveemmy
And the winner is...
Donating Member

Default Glad you're back

Brooke--I am glad you are back with us. I agree it is very important to be careful about information that we give out on the board. Although YT seems like a very closeknit group of friends, it is really just an open forum that anyone can come into and drag for information about its users. I love to come here and visit, but I try to be very careful about not giving out a lot of personal information.

I am ashamed to say that I preach to my students all during the school year about Internet safety. I am ashamed, because although I preach and teach it, I often find myself doing the exact type of things that I caution them not to do. I remind them constantly about predators and others that are just trolling for information.

Maybe the things that have happened recently on YT are a wake call for us! Although most of us are adults, I know we also have children and teens on the forum. I want them safe! Since they are likely on other forums and boards, too, we need to remind them not to give out personal information!

Sorry, Brooke, I just realized I had gotten on the soap box and forgot to get off...LOL!

Once again, I am glad you, Steddy, and Tatar Tot are back...How is the little bit doing today?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!