View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 01:05 PM   #7
Bruce's_Mom
YT 500 Club Member

Bruce is currently 6 months, but the problem with his bite was immediately noticed by our vetrinarian at his first well puppy visit...To try and correct it then because there was some inflamation in the top of his mouth we removed what appeared to be incideous baby teeth while he was being nuetered at 4 months. The problem has worsened now as he grows and so we had to go to a canine dentist/orthodontist...We are planning to wait until 8 months to have the braces put on and this is really all I know about them accept that he needs them for sure...
(1) He will need to wear them for as little as 2 months or perhaps as long as 18 months. They will be tightened just like human braces, and he may need to wear rubber bands on them that I will need to remove for feedings.
(2) I will need to brush his teeth daily rather than every 2 days and he will have to have his mouth sprayed with an anticeptic a few times a day.
(3) It will require at least one but perhaps as many as 5 vet visits per month
(4) No chew toys
(5) Supposedly there will be little discomfort and he will get used to them quickly. This is what I have a hard time believing...I never got used to my braces when I had them...So this is what I was wondering about mostly!
(6) They will cost anywhere from $1500-$4000 depending on how long he wears them!

I am just really shocked about all this. I would do anything for this dog though, so long as it is actually in his best interests!
Bruce's_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!