View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 09:56 PM   #3
ImCKN
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Ip

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyandTiffy View Post
Hello I think Tiffanie has Mastistis in her left bottom teat, It's hard and red and swollen big. It just hit her this evening, I check her on and off during the day, every day. By the time I found it this evening it was to late to take her to the vet so I ask them on the phone this evening if it was okay for our babies to nurse & they said yes, I said U know she has six and they said yes. She has an app. for the vet @ 10:45 am in the morning. So do any of U know what I can do to help her? Can she nurse? She never had this before so this is all new to us. I looked it up on the web but couldn't find much on it to see if I can/should help her or if I need to help feed. Right now our babies are all gaining VERY good and I'm not having to help, but man they act like they are starving to death as soon as she enter the baby bed, they attack (I know they do that anyway but this is diffrent, not the way they usually do) her so I still wonder if they are getting enough. She stands up some when they are nursing so I wonder if this is a sign that she's not wanting to feed??? Then she'll lay down for them, like now she's not been in there 5 minutes and she's layin' on her belly as if to keep them off her. I just don't want to loose any babies due to this. They will be 3 weeks tomorrow. Any thoughts? Does anyone know how they get this or why? I'll post weights and new photos tomorrow in the nursery. Hugs Lee & 9 's
All our best to Tiffanie. Please keep me posted about this. Our Lexie is due with a large litter and want to know how to handle this if it comes up!! Thanks and again, congratulations on your babies, and our best for Mom.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!