View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #15
SJK1113
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Jean View Post
I want you to know that you are doing such a great job with little baby Lily, you also have to take care of yourself so you can take care of her.

I am sure she feels all your Love, and that is what is keeping her going, just hang in there and know you both are in my prayers.

I did not see where it said how old little baby Lily is, she sounds like maybe 4 weeks or less. How old is she? Also how long have you been hand feeding her? I know you must be so exausted, I pray that you get some quality rest while your daughter is there, and that the baby Lily will thrive with all your wonderful care, love, and support.............
Thank you Donna, that means so much to me. Lily is 6 weeks old but due to the Hydrocephalus, she is more like 2-3 weeks old in development. I have had her since July 3rd, a little over a week. I work full time in the evenings so that makes it harder. I'm so fortunate that my husband and I work different shifts so he is with her in the evenings, and I am home all day. He's very good with her, I'm so lucky to have such a caring husband. Lily is very strong and is a fighter, and she has been eating very well. Her weight went from 13 oz to 1 lb. in the first 5 days, which made me so happy. I have not weighed her since last weekend, but I am going to do that next time I feed her. I do believe she has gained more because she looks a little bigger. I get sooooo excited when I see her gain weight. I've been trying to resist the urge to weigh her often because I'm afraid if she doesn't gain, I'll get discouraged. I decided to weigh her once a week because I feel I'll see more progress that way. She's one very sweet little girl, that's for sure.
SJK1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!