View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
TootiesMom
and Hopeys Mom Too Donating Member

Default HOPEY VERY SICK! (but on the mend)

WOW! I had the biggest scare yesterday and completely went bonkers!

All 4 of my pups have been struggling with some sort of stomach problem for weeks now.. we have been through amoxicillin, Pana..., and now are on Flagyl and we still dont know for sure what it is.... We even had stool samples sent out to LSU Vet school and everyone remails scratching heads..

Hope went to the vet AGAIN Monday with sneezing and coughing, he gave her a cortizone shot and yesterday she would eat AT ALL, would move and just got completely lethargic.. I called the vet in a PANIC and we discussed what to do, he said he would go and see her but if he had to put her on IV for dehydration she would be there alone, I said NO WAY! HE finally suggested that I take her to the 24 hour emergency clinic so if they had to keep her they could watch her overnight. I cried so bad on the way there I made myself sick.. she perked up a bit by the time we got there, they gave her fluid, meds for a low grade fever and sent her home...

we seem to be all(4) on the mend but we still (2 vets and LSU) cant know for sure what it is but we are treating all 4 with the flagyl and they all agree it is the best try for now... Hope is still very "tired" but ears are back up and she is barking a bit, even ate a little(they are all on prescription food)...

Can I tell you, I am sooo doggie poor right now..

so glad they are at least looking a bit better today! These babies are so precious, I cant beleive I think it hurt me more than them....
d
TootiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!