Thread: help!
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 06:16 AM   #9
iheartyorkies
Boppin' Bo!
Donating Member

Smile

Ditto what orinskye and bld2751 said! When properly crate trained, your pup will grow to think of it as his 'den' and feel secure. If at all possible, let him out after any longer periods for some active play. I try to let Bo out of his crate when he wakes up from a nap, we play, then he goes into his playpen if I'm too busy to watch him. Of course, I'm home most of the time and am able to do this. He won't have the run of the house until he's completely housebroken, and even then I believe it's best to always know where he is cause these guys are so little. If you plan to be gone all day, you might try confining him and his crate to a small space with the crate door left open. An x- pen (exercise pen) is excellent for this and you can cover the floor if he's not housebroken yet. These little ones, especially young puppies, have SO much energy that they must have active, albeit supervised, play several times a day. Also, try him in the crate or pen while you are in the room and he can see you. You might be surprised how soon he settles, and then wait a few minutes, then get him out and praise him like crazy. Good luck!
iheartyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!