View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 04:51 AM   #1
TJCHRISYORK
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default What's going on with the LICKING???

I am not sure where else to have put this...Ty has been licking and licking and licking his left front paw...he does not favor it when he walks and he is not a big licker. He is when it comes to kisses, but he is not one to lick his paws, like I am sitting here watching him do right now. Do they lick when things hurt??? The only new thing that I have came across the past week is his nails, I was a bad mom and let them go a little to long, I notice them everyday, and I make a excuse not to do it, because he does not like it, but I know it's worse when they are long, his teacher used to do it when he was like 4-8 months and he did the usual bit of squirming, but nothing big, then I took him to get them done by the groomer and when they go to his left font paw, I heard the clip and he yelped, that was like 3 months ago, no blood, but then I was really scared to do it, next 2 times, it was the vet tech at his vet and he was a wiggle worm, but I watched and when they got to that left front paw, he got real nervous and scared, so its been long over due, and I have been playing and rubbing his paws to get him used to his paws being touched, and this past week, he was fine, but you could just tell that same place was sensitive, took him up to his vet...PETSMART, vet tech looked at it, and of course he acted normal and made me look like a big over protected ninny, I thought it may have looked cracked underneath, she said no, took him over to the groomers, she took him, did it, he was usual, he really didn’t want me to mess with then the past 2 days and right now, he has been licking that paw for 10min straight, he wont let me at it, its not fleas, could it be something internal?? I have tried to trim the hair so I could get in there, but I dont know...he is not a complainer, so I am at a loss, what should I do, I feel like a idiot, is this something I should have the vet look at, I would feel sooooooooooooo bad , if he was hurting, any advice would help, thanks, sorry its so long, and I guess I dont have to tell you we are first time parents..........HELP
TJCHRISYORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!