Thread: Incense Burning
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
YrkieLvr19
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvnvgirl View Post
Gosh, I don't know what to tell you; I know what I"D do though. I guess having parrots for so long and having to be really mindful of fumes that could harm them, has made me pretty particular about all my animals now. I wouldn't take Max anywhere that people smoked, but that's also partly b/c I would NEVER stay somewhere that someone smoked in the house. Are you staying in a hotel or with your Aunt the entire time you'll be there? I do burn incense in the house..sometimes daily (til I run out of my favorite one), but usually only once a day and it's not to cover up another smell. I just like it. But I wouldn't burn it continuously even if I wanted to, b/c I don't think it would be that great for a little dog's lungs. I don't have any factual evidence of that; it's just an educated guess.
I know it's hard when you're a guest somewhere and you feel like you're sort of pushing the envelope by taking your dog too, but I know that if I took my Max anywhere and my host(s) were doing something that made me worry about his welfare, I'd be so torn between wanting to say something to my hosts and wanting to be polite in their own home but being worried, that I wouldn't have much fun, neither would Max and I'd probably wind up being resentful.

Thanks, yes you are right, I'm going to be absolutely crazy over there this weekend if I don't just break down and say somehing to her about it. I HATE cigarette smoke, but both fumes in the air is too much. I am staying actually in her HOUSE, so I will either have to deal with it or ask her politely if she could hold off on the incense this weekend. But I don't think I am going to sacrifice my puppy's health over 1 weekend and over my shyness...so parrots are really sensitive to smoke? I'll bet then, that that probably goes for dogs too in that case.

Thanks so much, I think I am going to have to choose my dog over my aunt this time lol.
YrkieLvr19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!