View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 09:40 AM   #1
AmyChristine
YT 1000 Club Member

Question Copper's future?

Ok here goes... I have been asked already if I will stud Copper, even the vet has asked me if I have considered it. He is of great lines, has top line, nice tail set, ears are great, no structural problems as of yet, adult teeth will be checked again next month at 6 months,so far so good, his coat is silky. He should be between 3 1/2 and 4 lbs.

But here is my dilemma, his coloring is really dark, both parents took longer to completely clear their gold. Mom is really dark blue, really deep gold, i think that she is beautiful.
He is also a little wavy, not curly but he back legs have a bit of wave. I am so in love with yorkies and Copper is my 1st. I do not want to breed pups that aren't of great quality. Is the coat something that is easy to correct? is
it to standard if his coat takes longer than 18months to clear the gold? (his mothers didn't until about 19 according to breeder. and he looks identical to her) These are my concerns so far and I am sure that I will have more as time goes on. i am a perfectionist and copper is perfect to me, But flaws are flaws especially if you could pass them on.
Bought a book on genetics too over the internet so hopefully that will help when I get it. Any input is appreciated. Thank you. sorry so long
AmyChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!