View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 08:08 PM   #4
paddys mom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Thanks for the reply. I also do not ever give paddy anything without him sitting or lying down first (whichever i ask him to do ) and I try to never pull things out of his mouth or let him play tug...he'll only drop things if i have a treat to exchange. My fiance isn't as consistant with these rules as I am however he is getting much better with it. The thing is Paddy is totally fine with sharing his things with humans. His problem is with other dogs. He will growl and snap if another dog goes near anything he decides is his (even if he hasn't even touched it which he did with a rawhide at a picnic once). He'll try to not let me take his stuff but he does not snap at me if i take it and I always take his food bowl away and put my hands in it while he's eating. I have been socializing him since he was 4mo old and following all these rules so I really have no idea where he got the idea that all toys are his and he must guard them.

Thanks for the idea about the crate during mealtimes though. I'm sure my fiance won't like it but I would love to stop his table begging lol. (I'm so strict and Greg is so lenient I don't know what is going to happen to our human children lol )
paddys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!