View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 07:26 PM   #42
Morkie4
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
I talked to the vet and he says she has pneumonia probably caused by a fungal infection. But he can't say which one yet and may not be able to. She is on antibiotics, he said something about 4 of them. I forgot to ask him what they are.

They did a tracheal wash and cultured a smear. It will take awhile to get results for that so meanwhile the antibiotics. She's getting it IV. She has diarrhea really bad and there's not much left in her to come out so it's very watery and pale but it has some blood in it too. He told me not to worry too much about the blood. There's not so much and he says it's because she's had so much diarrhea. She weighed 9 lbs. last week and today when they weighed her she only weighed 8.1 oz. How can she lose almost a whole pound in 2 days?

They have her in a little incubator with a cone on her nose with oxygen and a mister-thingy going for her lungs. She didn't even open her eyes when I was petting her - she just whimpered. I cried and cried. I took her frog with me and left it and one of my pillowcases with the tech to give her when she gets out of the incubator. She looks so sad and awful. They shaved her front leg again just when it was growing out from her IVs for her last surgery. Oh, he thinks thats why she got so sick so fast. She's still healing from her surgery a month ago. I have to cancel her checkup appt. for tomorrow.

Keep praying please 'cause as of now, she's not any better and the vet says she is not our of the woods yet. He says tomorrow will be the telling day whether or not she will make it. She is soooo sick. My little Tinkerbrat.

THANKS for the update Susie, I know it must be awfully hard on your right now having to leave your baby at the hospital. I do hope you get good news tomorrow and that she has a peaceful night. I am sure she is weak right now and I will keep you in my prayers that you can be strong for your little TINK!! Woofs and doggie licks from Kalliei & Toby to TINK and YOU!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!