View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 04:58 PM   #6
KariAdams
YorkieTalk Newbie!

It's not scary, don't worry! This is the best thing you can do for your dogs, really! I guess the fluids are like IV when a person goes under, I've actually never asked. Your vet will know, so ask them about it. I also like to do a blood panel just to be on the safe side, also, God forbid there is a problem with your dogs, for a little extra money, you can find out. Bad teeth are a major cause of kidney failure, so I would highly advise dentals, although on those young ones, it's probably not necessary, but might be on the older one. I've had some rescue dogs and cats done without blood panel or fluids, and all except in one case of the craziest feral cat ever, they have come out OK - but truthfully, with my own animals, I wouldn't risk it.

Congratulations on making the right choice for the animals! You won't regret it. I just had a very complicated spay done on a Yorkie who had her ovaries attached to her intestines (due to C-sections), and 10 teeth removed. Her breath now smells like roses, and she is fine. It took her until late in the evenig to come out of her crate, and wasn't herself until late the next evening, but with the boys, it won't be so bad. You are avoiding possible life-threatening uterine infection in the girls by getting them spayed, and you do not need to wait until they have a first heat, that is just myth, I'm sure you dont want any oopsie pregnancies. With the boys, if both testicles have dropped, the neuter should be very easy.
KariAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!