View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 03:10 PM   #1
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Default we can't go for walks anymore!!!

i live in a medium sized neighbourhood and when we go for a walk, we only have two choices, left or right and end up going in a large loop to get back home. If we go left, we encounter a large german shepherd who is never on a leash.. he wanders his yard, so i HATE going that way, also when we go left you never know if people are going to have their dogs out... there are a few labs and huskeys that just seem to wander around. and better yet if we go right.. there is a (my guess) shar-pei/pit pull cross that is in a fenced in back yard and he is always back there. when we (or anyone else) walks by he starts to bark and jumps up onto the fence. Well they have only been living there 2 months tops, and now the fence is starting to bend outwards and it is only a matter of time before he breaks the thing. It has been rather hot out lately so Lay and i dont' get to go outside much but like at this time of night (7 pm) i'd LOVE to take her for a walk but i'm honest to god scared for both of us to walk anymore... my mom told me to not go anymore unless she and my father were with me... i'm thinking of getting pepper spray to carry with me, because other wise i'd pick Layla up and i'd end up getting mauled. i am frusterted and VERY upset that people are not aware of the distress their dog causes. THis german shepherd could be a sweetheart but id ont' know that and i'm not taking my chances *sigh* just needed to vet.. maybe come winter things will change...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!