View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #4
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karren View Post
I guess I have to run to the store and get him some. And about the chicken .. Do I have to put salt and pepper on it or just plain boiled ??? Will he have loose stool about it or not??? How much do I have to feed him??? Thanks again....
no salt or pepper.. no skin.... it will not cause diarrhea in the long term. might at first but if home cooking is something you plan on sticking with then you will notice after the first few days his poop etting better... at first his little system is just being cleared out... but he will adjust.. also if you do plan on homecooking he will need an all round suppliement and a calcium suppliemtn, but if this is just something you want to do until he is adjusted then the chieck and rice and veggies are good.. start crushin up his food and putting it in the mixture and you can slowly start removing the chicken and it will just be kibble. also keep in mind (once he is settled and not so stressed out) he WILL eat when he is hungry... just wait about 2-3 weeks before you do that to him.. amke sure he is comfortable in his new home and if you leave the food there.. he will eat it congrats on your new little one!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!