View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #14
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisatodd View Post
i absolutly agree with you but what i was saying, some people have champions in their pedigree but are not show breeders. they use this "champion bloodline" as a selling tool. this is what people need to watch out for. i totally agree with you and like i said above, i was having a hard time writing my thoughts down and trying not to offend anyone. i have the upmost respect for all show breeders. i have learned so much from all of you here and am very thankful i have you to learn from.
Ooops I misread your post then and yes I am not impressed with these people that advertise as having champions in their line and even if it is recent in pedigrees, it doesn't make much difference it doesn't mean the seller actually knows what they are doing.
Pups that I deem pet quality and sell spay neutered can have more than 50% of Champions in the five generation pedigree but I consider it a pet and sold it as such. Meanwhile other litter mates, same pedigree are show quality or show potentials and i have kept them. BUt (hopefully) I have a good enough eye to know which is what and dont' sell that pet puppy as a show dog to some unsuspecting newcomer or someone that doesn't know.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!