View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 08:17 AM   #12
mistyinca
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyraandMrJ View Post
I bit the bullet, I applied for collage. All my life I wanted to teach kids. I love them always have a ton over. Now I'm all like what the heck you do this time stupid. LOL Bluefield State Collage here I come. my kids are all in school now,my treatments are over,my lump has been removed and I'm healthwise feeling fine. thu I miss my hair. still Yorkie less. sigh. but have a wonderful chihuahua and a pom pup who fills my void from Mr.J and I've a wonderful local yorkie breeder who I've prepurchased a sweet heart pup from when they're born next year. Total panic attack. I'm nuts almost forty going back to school...... ty
I'm 37, and I just graduated with my BA in English Lit. last summer (see my grad pic in my profile). You have nothing to be afraid of. First, there are lots of people going to school in their 40's; in my classes, there were a few in their 50's and 60's! So don't worry about being the only one, LOL! Second, if you have never gone to school past high school, don't be afraid; it is NOTHING like high school! In fact, I found the work to be easier than high school. I think it is because you are in a different place at this point in your life and not dealing with the typical teenage turmoil.

Good luck. You will do beautifully.
mistyinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!