View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 07:12 AM   #11
lisatodd
Little Boogers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
I disagree totally. If a breeder isn't showing their dogs how do they know how to interpret the standard to know what they are looking at and a mentor to help them along?
I have been a mobile pet dog groomer for 16 years. Of the few purebreds that I do pet grooming as much of my clientel is crosses, whether the dog is purebred Yorkies Havanese, Bichons,cockers etc I always know when that registered purebred pet dog has come from a reputable show breeder and when it hasn't. The quality even for a pet is wonderful where the quality on average from a non show breeder is poor. But to know what you are looking at you have to know yourself coat, conformation etc.
Any dog can be cute including crosses but in purebreds, there is a lot more to it than that.
JMO but based on experience and what I have seen professionally in 16 years.
Even the pet people that bought pups from me in the past can see the difference in their Yorkie and the ones out there that were bought from byb's and non show breeders.

i absolutly agree with you but what i was saying, some people have champions in their pedigree but are not show breeders. they use this "champion bloodline" as a selling tool. this is what people need to watch out for. i totally agree with you and like i said above, i was having a hard time writing my thoughts down and trying not to offend anyone. i have the upmost respect for all show breeders. i have learned so much from all of you here and am very thankful i have you to learn from.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!