View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 07:06 AM   #10
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisatodd View Post
good luck to you. i have to disagree with one statement that was being said here. this is "jmo" if you don't see champions all over the pedigree, that does not mean it is a poor quality yorkshire terrier. you can still get a great standard of the breed with out this. having champion in the pedigree for "some" (not all) is just a selling point to increase the value of the dog.
i have seen champions throw out some not so great quality of the standard yorkies but this doesn't mean it isn't a wonderful loving pet.
a breeder sees faults in their sires and dams and tries to improve these faults to keep the integrity of the yorkshire terrier breed.

i was having a hard time trying to put my thoughts down so i hope i did not offend anyone.

yes, champion in the pedigree is wonderful but if it is a good reputable breeder who strives to improve the breed and its health, you should not say "no" to the breeder just because their is no champions in the pedigree.
I disagree totally. If a breeder isn't showing their dogs how do they know how to interpret the standard to know what they are looking at and a mentor to help them along?
I have been a mobile pet dog groomer for 16 years. Of the few purebreds that I do pet grooming as much of my clientel is crosses, whether the dog is purebred Yorkies Havanese, Bichons,cockers etc I always know when that registered purebred pet dog has come from a reputable show breeder and when it hasn't. The quality even for a pet is wonderful where the quality on average from a non show breeder is poor. But to know what you are looking at you have to know yourself coat, conformation etc.
Any dog can be cute including crosses but in purebreds, there is a lot more to it than that.
JMO but based on experience and what I have seen professionally in 16 years.
Even the pet people that bought pups from me in the past can see the difference in their Yorkie and the ones out there that were bought from byb's and non show breeders.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!